Want to know how to make a Christmas stocking with a cuff? We’re here to help!Our series of Christmas sewing patterns and projects continues with this quick and easy DIY Christmas stocking tutorial by Rebecca Reid. Sew a family heirloom with our free Christmas stocking template and step-by-step instructions.
Looking for more Christmas sewing projects? Check out our list of 31 of the best free Christmas sewing patterns or if you’re looking for last-minute inspiration take a look at our 25 quick gifts to sew when you’re short of time. For new sewists, we’ve put together our 20 best sewing patterns for beginners.
You will need…
- Main fabric: 45x60cm (18x24in)
- Cuff fabric: 25x66cm (10x26in)
- Lining fabric: 45x60cm (18x24in)
- Wool for pom poms
- Matching sewing thread
- Download your free Christmas stocking pattern PDF here
Unfortunately the Jo Clark fabric used is no longer available, but how about these other beautiful Christmas fabrics?
- Vintage Christmas fat quarter pack (John Lewis, £11)
- Holly, robins and baubles printed cotton fabrics (from £2.50 per fat quarter, Blooming Fabric Shop on Etsy)
- Shop for Christmas fabric in the extensive collection over at Minerva Crafts
- Find a huge range of Christmas fabrics to browse over at Love Crafts
The finished stocking measures 47x24cm (18½x9½in)
Use a 1.5cm (5⁄8in) seam allowance unless otherwise stated.
Due to font restraints on our website, we’re unable to display fractions clearly so we have italicised them where they appear in this tutorial. For example, 1½in = one and a half inches.