2 packs (4 serving size) Jello, any flavor desired
2 C boiling water
Feathers: Marshmallows would be best.
Fruit for platter: Anything you’d like or might find in Jello salads. I used a can of fruit cocktail.
- Mix Jello with boiling water until dissolved.
- Spray mold with cooking spray, pour in Jello. Place in fridge until set, at least 4-6 hours.
- I dried the wet fruit for feathers a bit on paper towels. Skewer your feathers, I used shish-ka-bob skewers cut to size, you want them to go all the way through the Jello to the platter. Set aside on paper towels to drain some more.
- Create your turkey head. I hot glued googly eyes and felt gobble thingy onto styrofoam ball, then glued on the candy corn for beak.
- Dip bowl in warm water, dry bowl and turn Jello out onto serving dish.
- Stick skewers into Jello, aim for the deepest part and try to keep more straight up and down. If you’re not working quickly, place Jello back in fridge for a bit, then complete the project.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and store in fridge until ready to serve. Be gentle transporting to table.