If you are looking to stock up on champagne for Christmas, an interesting offer was flagged up in comments section this week by babyg.
Many American Express cards currently feature an offer from wine merchant Laithwaites. Their home page is here.
You will receive £20 cashback when you spend £75 online by 17th November.
If you see this offer on the online statement page for any of your cards, or in the Amex app, remember to click ‘Save to Card’ to activate it.
Champagne deals from Laithwaites
Opinion varies about the quality of the wine sold by Laithwaites, which is virtually all under ‘house’ labels. This makes it difficult to compare pricing.
However, it does stock a range of branded champagnes, beers and spirits. Many of these are already reduced before factoring in the Amex cashback.
Here is the champagne home page.
Of the current special offers, you have:
- Champagne Laurent-Perrier La Cuvée (£29.99, was £39.99)
- Champagne Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut (£32.98, was £42)
- Champagne Louis Roederer Brut Premier (£32.98, was £43.99)
- Champagne Deutz Brut Classic (£33.99, was £40)
- Champagne Bollinger Special Cuvée Brut (£34.98, was £44.99 – note that this bottle only comes up if you seach ‘Bollinger’ or click here, it is not on the champagne page)
- Champagne Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve (£39.99, was £45)
- Champagne Veuve Clicquot Brut Rosé (£41.96, was £46)
- Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage 2012 (£41.98, was £55)
- Champagne Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé Brut (£48.98, was £60)
- Champagne Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle Iteration 24 (£105, was £125)
Top up with beer if necessary!
It is relatively easy to mix and match two bottles to hit £75 and trigger the cashback.
The person who flagged had bought two Bollingers for £69.96 and topped it up with £5 of bottled beer from this page.
Delivery is a flat £7.99 per order to UK addresses.
The Laithwaites home page here. Don’t forget to save the Amex cashback offer before ordering. The Amex cashback deal requires your card to be charged by 17th November.